As a family we love pita bread and I got fed up with the cardboard version the supermarkets make. So we made our own! Super easy. Get creative and add herbs and spices to the dough. You will never buy again.
Yield: 6 servings
Cost per serving: £.08
I used posh flour so could be cheaper
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
250 grams of Bread flour
1 package of Yeast fast
1 teaspoon of Salt
160 millilitres of Water warm
2 teaspoons of Olive Oil
1. Mix flour, yeast, salt. Slowly add olive oil and water. Checking water doesn’t make to sticky. The mixture should come together in a ball.
2. Next knead the dough on lightly oiled surface for 5-10 min until nice and smooth. Cover and allow to double.
3. Preheat oven to 250c and add baking sheet or cast iron pizza stone to heat.
4. Knock out air from dough. Segment dough in to 6 pieces. Roll each into a ball and shape into oval.
5. Flour hot pizza stone and place pitas on and back in oven. Bake 5-6 min until they just start to colour.