I’ve been making these for a while, basically because I think store bought ones are dry and tasteless. These are really light and flaky.
This is a moist dough. Don’t be tempted to add more flour. No flour is needed when rolling due to amount of lard in dough.. it won’t stick.
350g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
125g lard at room temp
240 ml hot water
1. Add flour, baking powder, salt and lard to large bowl. Work lard into flour with hands until well combined.
2. Add hot water, little at a time, combine until you form a smooth dough.
3. Heat non stick / cast iron pan on med high keep it dry.
4. Break of a bit of dough. Golf ball size. Roll out until as thin as you can.
5. Add to dry pan. Cook each side until slightly browned. I put mine in aluminium foil (mainly so I can pop all in oven to warm when needed).
6. Repeat.. repeat..repeat 😏