This is a fab staple go to bread in our house. It’s a mix of recipes and techniques from various places I have visited. I find the key to getting this super fluffy, is using a mixer with dough hook. I let this rise 4 times and use a good quality olive oil. If pressed for time you can do less. You can add whichever herbs or toppings you wish.
500g/1lb 2oz strong white bread flour
2 tsp salt
2 sachets (14g) dried easy blend yeast
2 tbsp olive oil
400ml/14fl oz cold water
Olive oil, for drizzling
Fresh Rosemary roughly chopped
Fine sea salt flakes
1. Add all ingredients to you mixer. Beat this dough for 10 min. I find I need to hold on to my machine as it tends to try and move away! This dough will be sticky.
2. Line a deep baking tray with parchment paper and lightly oil. Place dough in (use oiled hands to stop sticking). Spread out and cover with cling film.
3. When doubled in size. Drizzle oil over top and poke down all over. Cover again.
4. Repeat #3, 3 more times
5. Preheat oven when you get to 3rd rise. 220C
5. Drizzle the loaves with oil, sprinkle chopped herbs and a fine sea salt then bake in the oven for 20 minutes. I sometimes remove from pan and place back in oven further 5 min with bottom up, for extra colour.
6. When cooked, drizzle with a little more olive oil and serve hot or warm.